Applied Acoustics : What's up : Seminar and Defence Calendar
About the seminars
Our seminars take place during the autumn and spring semesters with presentations by our own or outside researchers, as well as by our Master students.
Do you want your name added to our send list for future seminars? If you do, please send an email to email@example.com with "SUBSCRIBE seminar list" in the Subject field.
The seminar calendar is also available as a static (non-updating) download in ics-format or as an automatically updating subscription for iCal-Users (users of other calendar software might check if their software supports this as well).
Tentative calendar for the Spring 2013 semester (updated version May 20th 2013)
June 5 - 10.00: Licenciate thesis presentation Erkin Asutay: Physical measurements and subjective characterization of pipe organ mechanical key actions. Discussion leader is Dr. Per Anders Nilsson (Academy of Music and Drama, University of Gothenburg). The seminar will take place in lecture room VG, Sven Hultins gata 6.
June 10 - 10:00: Licenciate thesis present Julia Winroth: Dynamic contact stiffness and air-flow related source mechanisms in the tyre/road contact. Discussion leader is Dr. Julien Cesbron (IFSTTAR The French institute of science and technology for transport, development and networks). The seminar will take place in lecture room VF, Sven Hultins gata 6.
- Bart van der Aa: Artificial refraction of sound propagating outdoors by a sonic crystal noise barrier with increasing cylinder diameter over height (abstract, slides).
- Carsten Hoever: A simulation-based parameter study of car tyre rolling losses and sound generation (abstract, slides).
- Bart van der Aa: Ground buried resonators - Analytical and numerical modelling of their noise reducing effect for sound propagating outdoors from traffic noise sources. (Abstract, Slides)
- Hannes Bonhoff (Technische Universität Berlin): On the source descriptor and coupling function for low-noise design of structure-borne sound sources. (Abstract, Slides)
- Carsten Hoever Investigation of stress-distribution in a car tyre with regards to rolling resistance. (Abstract, Slides)
- Tor Kihlman International Noise Policy - A new initiative to reach the policy makers. (Slides)
- Oliver Jung Speech Communication inside Vehicles. (Abstract)
- Maarten Hornikx Modelling sound radiation from a pipe with flow using Discontinuous Galerkin and Pseudospectral Time Domain methods. (Abstract, Slides, Movie Exhaust Pipe)
- Docent Lecture Patrik Andersson Challenges of Tomorrow in Vehicle Acoustics and Road Traffic Noise. (Abstract, Slides)
- Carsten Hoever Application of ultrasonic guided waves for the non-destructive testing of plates. (Abstract, Slides and Movies)
- Julia Winroth Implementation of adhesion and non-linear contact stiffness in a numerical model for detailed dynamical tyre/road contact. (Abstract, Slides)
- Wolfgang Kropp Traffic noise and tyre modelling - progress and challenges. (Abstract, Slides)
- Pontus Thorsson Practical building acoustics.
- Carsten Hoever Active Structural Control of Impacts with a View Towards Noise Control. (Abstract, Slides)
- Jonas Svensson Hybrid active-passive control of structures using piezoelectric transducers. (Abstract, Slides)