General Course Information
|Course code||VTA145, course description|
|Lecturer||Wolfgang Kropp, Maria Carlsson|
|Lecture hall||Lecture room at TA|
Welcome to the course
Course Material RAC
- Play with IRs
Course Materials Related to Catt acoustics
- Example files
- SUS2CATT – the interface between Sketchup and Catt
- Measurements we did together 2017
- Measurements of the loudspeaker directivity
Course Material AT3 Studenter
Information for the Course can be found in the course PM
Hemtenta: Here you can find the home exam. Deadline 27th of February 2018
It can also be purchased at the Cremona bookstore in the student union building. The price at Cremona is SEK about 475 SEK including VAT, about 25 % less than web stores.
In addition the presentations used in the lectures are provided here
Suggested extra material for both SOV and AT3 students
For those of you interested in room acoustics, the following books will be of interest (in alphabetical order):
- Y. Ando.: “Concert Hall Acoustics.”
- L. L. Beranek : “Concert Halls and Opera Houses–Music, Acoustics and Architecture”
- L. Cremer et al.: “Principles and Applications of Room Acoustics. Vol 1.”
- L. Cremer et al.: “Principles and Applications of Room Acoustics. Vol 2.”
- I. Hoffman et al.: “Halls for Music Performance: Another Two Decades of Experience, 1982-2002”
- J. W. Kopec : “The Sabines at Riverbank”
- D. Lubman et al.: “Acoustics of Worship Spaces”
- E. R. McCue et al.: “Acoustical Design of Music Education Facilities”
- W. C. Sabine : “Collected Papers on Acoustics”
- R. H. Talaske et al.: “Halls for Music Performance: Two Decades of Experience, 1962-1982”
- R. H. Talaske et al.: “Theatres for Drama Performance: Recent Experience in Acoustical Design”
You will also find much material on room acoustics at http://www.catt.se/, and at http://asa.aip.org/ which is the website of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA). It is also useful to look at the collections of papers from the biannual AES conventions and at the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society which you will find at http://www.aes.org/. The European site https://www.euracoustics.org/ also carries room acoustics information but less accessible.
A site with many links to various manufacturers of electroacoustic equipment is http://www.audioscientific.com/.
A good link for online courses on room and building acoustics is http://www.armstrong.com.