- Physics of and signal processing for microphone and loudspeakers arrays
- Spatial sound capture and presentation
- Non-linear ultrasonic acoustics
Current Research Projects
- Levitate (EC, FET Open)
- Artificial Reverberation for Sound Field Synthesis (with TU Berlin, funded by DFG)
- Psychoacoustic effects caused by feedback control (time variance) in reverberation enhancement systems
Members of the Audio Technology Group have contributed to the following software tools:
- SoundScape Renderer: Realtime spatial audio presentation (binaural with head-tracking, WFS, VBAP, Ambisonics, etc.)
- Sound Field Analysis toolbox for Python: Analysis, visualization, and processing of sound field data captured with spherical microphone arrays (incl. head-tracked decoding on headphones)
… and we endorse the Sound Field Synthesis Toolbox (and many other tools, too).
Various other resources (impulse response libraries, multi-track recordings, signal processing tools, etc.) have been collected here: http://www.soundfieldsynthesis.org/other-resources.